Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Pep Talk In Each Drop

I carry sugar-free vitamin C drops.  If I have a tickle in my throat they are helpful or if I am feeling a sore throat coming on the vitamin C is helpful.   I have them in my purse, desk, backpack and most of my pockets.


I was surprised to open a new package of these wonderful drops and find the wrapper had all kinds of words written on it:  You can do it, Change Can Do to Can Did, You are a winner....   I found one label that said:  A Pep Talk in Each Drop.  How cool is that.  Every time I reach for one of my favorite good for me drops there will be a pep talk waiting for me.


I have decided that as long as these drops come this way I will use this as a reminder of God's presence in my life and in the lives of those around me.   I am not sure the words on the wrapper are all that helpful for me anyway but seeing that and remembering that I am a child of God and so are the other human beings I am with will be a wonderful pick me up.


I can't help but wonder what would happen if we the church found ways to slip that message in to the lives of the people in our mission field.    If we could find a way on a regular basis to remind them that they are a child of God and are worthy of God's lavish love and forgiveness.  Fortune cookies have numbers on them you can use to play the lottery.   Could the bottom of the register receipt read:  God loves you and there isn't anything you can do about it.   From the people of the XYZ Church.

1 comment: