Monday, October 10, 2011

God's Presence

God has been present in my life since I was forming in my mother's womb.  How do I know?  I had two grandmothers and a father praying for me and working to keep me rather than put me up for adoption.

God has been present in my life as a teenager.  How do I know?  I was fortunate to have top notch  youth group directors, Sunday school teachers, pastors and opportunities to grow my faith.

God has been present in my life even when my child died.  How do I know?  There was a church that would not stop calling and telling us how much they and God loved us.  They assured us that it was okay if we were mad at God.  Through their tenacity we returned to the church.

God has been present in my life... always.  How do I know?  I believe in a God who came to earth to dwell in our midst as John 1 says.  One translation even says that God came and pitched tent in our midst.  After Jesus could no longer be present here on earth he assured us that we would not be left alone.

God has been present in my life everyday through the people I meet, those I love, those who irritate me, the teachers, mentors, friends, family, husband, children... all of these have been physical reminders of God's presence in my life.  I am never alone and God has given me so much to carry me.  How do I know?  I know through the love of those around me.

I hope that God is present in your life.  If God is not present I would encourage you to begin to look for God. Contemplate your life and discover those times in your life when God has come to you in the form of those around you.

God is present.  Always.  When we can't sense God's presence the absence is caused by the scales on our eyes and hearts.  May God's presence be constant in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment